1. Ah, so I totally lied about not doing anything with my new twitter account
. I've been posting there every day. Random stuff, mostly, but I find it amusing. It's a good outlet for those little bursts of frustration or glee that don't merit an actual blog post. F'r instance:
I WANT EVERYONE TO KNOW--IT'S VERY VERY IMPORTANT--THAT A&W MAKES THE BEST ROOT BEER FLOATS YOU CAN BUY THROUGH A WINDOW.about 10 hours ago from web
I HAVE DONE EXTENSIVE RESEARCH ON THIS TOPIC AND YOU CAN TOTALLY TRUST ME.about 10 hours ago from web
I understand now why people like it.
2. Still pondering what to do in the next chapter of Mouths. It could go a number of ways. Also have at least two other stories that I want to write. But yeah, the computer problems have not gone away. Typing is still kind of a pain. I've just been watching a lot of TV on my computer, mostly. Criminal Minds, right now. How did I not know how awesome this show is?
3. Saw the new Terminator, and I desperately want a teen!Kyle of my own. As well as a Spencer Reid. (OMG, would that work as a crossover of any kind???)
4. Bartleby will NOT stop eating Taffy's cat food. Silly rat. I tried to shut him up in his cage (usually let him run around) and he figured a way out, and now he is just sitting there by the food bowl, eating and staring at me with his adorable face as if to say "HA HA YOU CAN'T STOP ME." And Taffy is just sitting there staring at him, of course, because she's a big wuss and was even afraid of my pet MICE, never mind my rats. Oh, pets.
5. When I got home from my morning job just now, had a short chat with my parents. My dad just finished reading the fourth Harry Potter book and he was trying to tell me about that scene where Mrs. Weasley was comforting Harry, being the closest thing he ever had to a mother, and my dad, aww, he was getting all choked up and wibbly and it was so sweet. Dad does NOT get emotional about fiction very often. But yes, I agree, Harry so richly deserves a family, and that part was lovely, and also with Bill and Charlie being like older brothers to him and him giving the gold to Fred and George and... Ah, cripes, I'm getting choked up now myself. Totally bawled when I read that the first time.
Despite the issues I have with HP, there's some really good stuff in there, and the value of relationships is one.